Whether you’re planning on hanging out with your friend, boyfriend or girlfriend, or spouse, sometimes you just can’t spend a bunch of money. Story of my life, especially now that wedding planning is in full force. But, we still want to have fun, right? As you know, I love finding things to do that are free or cost very little—and I came across an article yesterday on Babble.com that provided 25 affordable date ideas. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Coffee shop: support a local coffee shop and enjoy a delicious drink and maybe even a pastry. It’ll cost you less than $10 a person and give you a great environment to chat the evening away.
- Dessert: eat a homemade dinner and then head out for dessert. You could probably even split a huge sundae or something else if you really wanted to. It’s a sweet way to spend some time together.
- Farmer’s market: for a daytime date, grab your friend or significant other and head to a nearby farmer’s market. Buy a few things, take them home and make lunch out of them!
- Concert: there are so many low-cost or free concerts throughout San Diego. Do some research online and head out for a night of great music. Maybe even have a picnic lunch/early dinner before.
- Sing karaoke: I absolutely love singing. I don’t think I’d ever do it in public, but if you’re someone who would—why not head to a karaoke night and serenade each other?
Take a look at the full list here, and enjoy your date!
P.S. Jeremy and I took our engagement pictures last weekend at The Old Mission Dam. Our friend and photographer, Michael Lawrence, is amazing! He also happens to be a happy and proud Mission Fed member. I didn’t even know that before we asked him to take our pictures! Here’s a sneak peek:
This article contains a link for a website that Mission Fed does not control. Mission Fed is not responsible and does not assume liability for the operations, content, links, privacy or security policies of third party websites.